Monday, 19 July 2010

Ancelotti - Now Is The Time For Treble



May 15, 2010 - London, United Kingdom - epa02158553 Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti celebrates after beating Portsmouth 1-0 in this afternoons FA Cup final 15 May 2010 at Wembley Stadium, London, Britain.Manager Sets Sight On Further Glory !!!!


 Carlo Ancelotti has stated that his team is fully competent and has everything that takes to defend their last season double this season. He even further said that apart from defending the F.A. Cup and Premier League his side will do everything to win much awaited Champions League trophy at Stamford Bridge.


 Ancelotti said in the press conference, Ancelotti said: ‘Our aim is to do better than last year in the Champions League. We went out too early. It is not so easy to be competitive in every competition.


‘We have to defend the Premier League title. We want to do our best in all the competitions.’


 The 51-year-old taunted Premier League runners up Manchester United with claims Manchester City could be pushing Chelsea for the title next May.


 ‘I think they will do better in respect to last season,’ he said. ‘They have a lot of fantastic players and could be an important opponent.’


 The Italian would not comment on reports linking Chelsea with Liverpool’s Fernando Torres, insisting he does not need another striker. 


 Ancelotti also rebuffed suggestions of Ashley Cole joining Real Madrid.


 ‘Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka come back in the next days, and we also have Daniel Sturridge — so I don’t think we need other strikers. I’m happy to have this squad at the moment.
‘Cole will be important for us next season. 100 per cent. We have to maintain the same feeling.’


 Chelsea will kick start their title defence against West Brom on 14th August at Stamford Bridge.