Tuesday, 10 August 2010
Do you like this story?
20 days left to make the necessary buys!!!
Well one can effectively conclude that Chelsea's preseason has been nothing short of a disaster. We have lost both Cole and Ballack.While Cole anyways didnt play for much of last season, Ballack though being slow was an effective enforcer. He comes in, puts a few tackles and the opposition starts getting more careful. Cole was a creative midfielder as good as anyone on his day. So how did we replace these people. Yossi Benayoun. I would characteristically dub him as a super-sub capable of changing matches at the last moment but to start the fabled Chelsea midfield??, I think not.
One look at the Community Shield Match and we will know what is wrong.
1. We dont have a proper cover for Cech. Bejovic is rumoured to arrive but still we need to develop someone soon.
2. I still dont understand Carlo choosing Paulo Ferreira ahead of Bruma. Paulo is past his best. It was clearly seen last season. bruma is tall and fast. We clearly need to do a "Arsenal" in this case and draft him into the first team. Develops talent and in two seasons he will be deadly.
3. We had three left backs in the squad for the community shield. Result of it no place for Ramires...Shocking!! Even though we had 6 subs we wont change the left back twice in the same game...
4. Once a feared Midfiled is now faded. People said Lampard played for 90 mins. Never saw him on the ball!! Mikel's distribution as the holding midfielder was pathetic!!
5. Either JT is not comfortable with Branislav or his form is at such a low. C'mon he must have been tight enough to stop the low cross of valencia for the second goal. He is JT- the man who carried the whole country on his shoulders not too long ago.
6. What happened to A.Cole i will never understand. If he wants to play as left winger he must have told it before not during the match. Consistently at the halfway line, failed to judge long balls, weak shots on goal summarizes his match.
7. Clearly 4-3-3 is not working. We need a 4-4-2.
8. On the brighter side Essien played a full 90 mins rather magnificently. he was brilliant and we can heave a sigh of relief on that end. When the drog came on we got an unusual amount of energy. Something which pushed the team.
We need a right winger. This is clearly seen. Buy even Jesus Nevas who is shockingly young and brilliant.But we need a proper right winger. Reason: Playing Kalou wont help as he can never cross so cant Sturridge. Playing Lampard will leave a hole in our central midfield.
Second we need a striker. By striker I mean an out and out striker. Someone who is lethal inside the box, who can get behind the opposition, someone pacey someone not-so-long ago I wished was Torres...
Third we need a central defender someone who will complement JT and Alex. We cannot use Branislav as it does not seem to work.
Surely all his would be running inside Carlo's head. Roman we need your cheque book. Its more than two seasons now and I say its time. After all this I still say Chelsea can win the CL and EPL as my blood is blue!!!We just need a few tinkering.
People who read this post also read :
Connect With Me on Twitter
Now you can connect with Chelsea Fanatic, Follow him on Twitter
Preseason Fiasaco a warning???
Chelsea|John Terry|Pre Season|